Catappa Bark Tubes Large – Single
£6.99 (incl. VAT)
- Additional information
Catappa Bark Tubes are a natural and effective way to improve the water quality in your aquarium. They are made from the bark of the Indian almond tree, which has a number of beneficial properties for fish and shrimp.
Approximate size 20 – 25cm. Being a natural product, sizes can vary considerably
- Lowers pH: Catappa bark tubes can help to lower the pH of the water, which is beneficial for many species of fish and shrimp. A lower pH can help to prevent the growth of algae and parasites.
- Stimulates fish colours: Catappa bark can also help to stimulate the colours of fish. This is because they contain tannins, which can give the water a brown or black tint. This tint is similar to the water in the natural habitats of many fish, and it can help them to feel more comfortable and relaxed.
- Prevents diseases: Catappa bark tubes have also been shown to have some antibacterial and antifungal properties. This can help to prevent the spread of diseases in your aquarium.
- Long lasting: Catappa bark is a long-lasting addition to your aquarium. They can last for many months, so you won’t have to replace them often.
- Hideaway: The pieces of bark can also provide a nice hiding place for shrimp and lobsters. This can help them to feel safe and secure in your aquarium.
If you are looking for a natural and effective way to improve the water quality in your aquarium, Catappa Bark Tubes are a great option. They are beneficial for fish and shrimp, long lasting, and can provide a hiding place for your tank mates.
Here are some additional tips for using Catappa Bark Tubes in your aquarium:
- Rinse the tubes thoroughly before adding them to the aquarium.
- Place the tubes in different areas of the aquarium.
- Monitor the pH of the water and adjust it as needed.
- Replace the tubes when they are degraded
With proper care, Catappa Bark Tubes can help to create a healthy and natural environment for your fish and shrimp.
For more information please see our guides section.
In need of inspiration? Check out our Instagram feed.